Website maintenance is the practice of regularly checking your website for irregularities and mistakes, and keeping it relevant and updated. There are tasks that should be done on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis in order to keep your website safe and growing, and to improve your SEO and Google rankings.
- Check your website for errors and broken links (404 and 301)
- Check for updates for plugins and website software.
- Add content and/or blog posts to update your customer and improve your SEO traffic.
- Remove any spam comments from pages and posts
- Analyze website statistics and security scans, resolve issues.
- Review your website and check if there’s room for improvement.
- Check your site’s content and remove outdated info.
- Make sure that the website is mobile-friendly and it displays nicely on all browsers.
- Test and update popups, forms, and calls to action.
- Check to see if anything needs to be changed or updated with your advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Check your backups
- Renew your website domain name.
- Consider updating your website design.
- Update your meta descriptions and meta titles.